New England Ocean Odyssey Comment Policy
New England Ocean Odyssey strives to foster positive and balanced discussion of environmental issues in New England. We welcome comments from any and all sources and viewpoints, but in order to keep the conversation focused on the important issues at hand, we ask that commenters maintain a civil tone and refrain from posting inappropriate or offensive remarks. Comments on New England Ocean Odyssey will be reviewed by a moderator prior to posting to ensure compliance with this policy. In particular, New England Ocean Odyssey will not approve any comments that contain the following:
- Unlawful, harmful, threatening, profane, abusive, or harassing language, as determined by New England Ocean Odyssey;
- Defamatory or libelous statements, as well as excessive personal attacks and accusations of conspiracy;
- Rants that do not contribute original thoughts to the debate and/or are not relevant to the subject of the post being commented on. Commenters who habitually submit multiple comments making the same point, whether in response to one post or multiple different posts, will be banned from commenting in the future.
- Content that is copyrighted or otherwise belongs to another source and is not identified as such and properly cited; and
- Advertisement or promotion of a product or service.
In addition, New England Ocean Odyssey requests that you take the following into consideration when drafting and submitting your comments:
- Please keep your comments as concise as possible to allow blog followers to read and digest multiple posts and comments in the limited time they have available. If you are particularly passionate about a subject and cannot keep your comment limited to one or two paragraphs, we suggest that you write a post on your own blog and link to that post in the comments;
- While we do our best to approve comments in a timely manner, there will be a small time lag between the submission of your comment and its approval and posting on the blog. Please do not be discouraged if your comment does not appear right away, especially if you are posting between the hours of 5pm and 9am Monday through Friday or on weekends; and
- Please use a valid email address when submitting your comments so that we have a means by which to contact you if necessary. We will never publish your email address on New England Ocean Odyssey or use it for any purpose other than contacting you regarding your comment if necessary; and
Finally, the comments on New England Ocean Odyssey represent the opinions of a diverse array of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of New England Ocean Odyssey or any of the individuals associated with the blog. The New England Ocean Odyssey comment policy may change from time to time, so please check back to make sure you are aware of the current comment policy. Any questions on the New England Ocean Odyssey blog policy should be directed to the blog editor at email@example.com.